EAT, PRAY, TRANSFORM
Connie Diano’s 10 ways you can change your life . . . NOW.
- Find out what you want: You need to be really clear about that, because if you don’t know what you want then you don’t know when you’ve got it.
- Really know why you want it: Because if you don’t have a compelling enough reason as to why you want what you want, then you won’t follow through with it.
- Review and feel it every day: You need to keep telling yourself daily what you want and why you want it.
- Make a decision: This is the hardest part, but once we make a decision about what we want then things will fall into place.
- Stay focused on what you want: It’s so important that we don’t focus on what we don’t want. For example, if the goal is to lose weight, if we’re saying ‘I don’t want to be fat,’ our conscious mind is hearing ‘want to be fat’. It doesn’t hear ‘I don’t', it won’t process the negative.”
- Self talk in a language towards what you do want: When our language is towards what we don’t want, that’s what we keep getting more of. So it’s really important that we start self-talking only in what we do want. Staying positive is extremely important.
- Start to say: “I am”: Your unconscious mind can’t tell the difference between what’s real and what’s imagined, so always say ‘I am’. ‘I am fit, I am healthy and I look fantastic’. If you focus on that, that’s what you will move towards. This is very important.
- Really believe you will achieve it and that you deserve to: If you are talking in a positive language then you will start to believe it.
- Set rituals on how you are going to achieve it: For example, if you want to lose weight, then at 6am every morning, get up and go for a walk. You need to have a pattern to achieve your goal.
- Celebrate your success: Be kind to yourself and spoil yourself somehow.
Seen in the Sunday Mail: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/best-of-sunday-new-mantra-meaning/story-fn6br97j-1225978657155